Monkey Rider Location
You'll find us in the heart of the Echoland District, a beautiful forrested area right between the resorts of Hakuba 47 and Happo-One. Echoland is one of the main restaurant and bar areas in Hakuba, and there is a great selection of dinner and entertainment options within a couple of minutes walk of the lodge.
The vast majority of accomodation in Hakuba is off-mountain, however getting to each of the resorts is a piece of cake via the regular resort shuttle buses. The shuttle leaves from right outside the Monkey Rider doors and will whisk you to any of the resorts within a few minutes.
Check our location map here www.monkeyrider.com.au/location-gallery.html.
Getting to Monkey Rider
1. Shinkansen Bullet Train (Total time 3.5 hours, cost approx. Y7,700)
From Narita Airport - Tokyo
Passengers transferring from Narita Airport board the Narita Express to Tokyo Station.
- Frequent departures from airport rail terminal.
- Traveling time to Tokyo - 1hr
From Tokyo - Nagano
Departing from Tokyo Station or Ueno Station to Nagano passengers board the Nagano Bullet Train (Asama Shinkansen).
- The bullet trains run regularly throughout the day and reaches speeds of over 300km/hr
- Travelling time - 1.5 hrs.
From Nagano Station - Hakuba
Buses from Nagano to Hakuba run every hour, with the last bus departing Hakuba at 8:20pm. (Friday night 9.20pm).
- Buses depart from the East (Higashi) exit of Nagano Station from bus stop 6.
- Go to the top of the station and turn left.
- Take the bus to Happo station and call the lodge once you arrive - we will pick you up.
- Travelling time - 1hrs.
2. Bus from Tokyo (Total time 4 hours, cost approx. Y4,700)
For those wanting to spend some time in Tokyo before travelling to Hakuba, there is a regular bus departing every couple of hours from Shinjuku station. The ride is more scenic than the train and you will get some beautiful views of Mount Fuji along the way.
3. Direct bus from Narita Airport (Total time 5 hours)
This is the most convenient way to get to Hakuba - no transfers, no fuss.
- Tuesday and Wednesday service connects with and will wait for Jetstar JQ25 and departs Narita Airport at 2100. All other days departure is 2000
- Refer to www.hakubus.com/index.asp for details and reservations
View Larger Map